• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. steindachneri, finally!!!

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Finally, my pair of A. steindachneri have finally spawned after about 18 months of waiting!!
Seems to be about 75 eggs.

Hope everything goes well, and that I can save them!!

Wish me luck!!

depthc

5 Year Member
Sweet, good luck with them. Ive found and read only one article on breeding steindachneri and it was done in just a 2.5 gallon tank, pretty small for apistos ... im sure you provided more room right? :wink: Good luck with your endevours.

Andrew

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Apistogramma steindachneri is a larger species as well. I am surprised to hear depthc that they were spawned in only a 2.5 gallon tank. I lost mine due to a internal bacterial infection spreading through one of my tanks. I only hope to one day have them again and am debating whether to get them again. Badguy get pictures for us. I would love to see the parents if possible. Good luck with the eggs!

~Jeremy

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
2.5 gallons..... the male probably takes up the whole depth of the tank!!

I've provided them with a rather small 10 gallon tank, but it seems to work.
They had a 15g tank, but never did anything in 6 months.. gave that tank to some A. iniridae instead.

fishboy20

5 Year Member
How many A. iniridae do you have badguy? Have you spawned them? What are your water parameters? Hope you get those to spawn as well as they are a rarer species. Good luck to ya!

~Jeremy

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Here is a link to a pic of the eggs, with mom in the background : http://www3.sympatico.ca/ddt.ddt/Poissons/A_steindachneri_eggs.JPG

For the A. iniridae, I have not had any spawns from them yet, but I do suspect something is going on presently, as the female seems to be digging up a flower pot.

I only have a pair of these. For the water parameters, I've got no idea!! Will try to take them tommorow.

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Well.. don't know what hapenned to the eggs, they are not there anymore...

Hope they hatched, and the femalle decided to move them to another place, away from my curious eyes!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….