• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. miua spawned

farm41

5 Year Member
Yep, got some A. miua from Neil a couple weeks ago. They have eggs, and she never did get yellow, still not yellow.

Very shy fish, so I don't get to see them much.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Congradulations on your success! This isn't an easy fish to breed. pH & hardness have to be very low (pH ~4 & almost no hardness). The female doesn't get bright yellow. Her brood dress is more of the yellow-orange color of brevis-group species, with a large deep black lateral spot.

Mike Wise

farm41

5 Year Member
thanks Mike,

I don't know how long it's been, just noticed her belly sunk in thursday, so I looked in her cave and found the eggs. I hope they hatch, they are in straight RO, no attempt of lowering Ph.

Neil

Congratulations Matt!
As Mike said, females have a little orange tint to them. Both of my females got this tint, especially when gaurding their fry. But one is much brighter than the other, so she actually looks more yellow. Your females are still young, so I wouldn't be suprised if she/they get a little more color in the future.

I hope that they hatch, but if not, you may need to lower your pH. I was not able to get free-swimmers (as I mentioned to you before) until I lowered the pH as well as used very mineral free water.

I am sure that you must be excited about this and, if not, you should be.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Neil

farm41

5 Year Member
That makes it easy then, I'll just get the peat barrel going again, throw in some oak leaves in the tank too.

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….