• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. borellii setup feedback please

HookedOnFish_MI

I just rescaped my 15 gallon for a pair of A. borellii and a small school of black neon tetra. Can you please provide feedback on my setup? I have a homemade cave (pictured below) on each side of the tank hidden in the plants.

3D114DD1-5C29-4EF1-BD19-360C66A6F69D.png
0AF60220-3803-4574-8C85-E45482C228C4.jpeg
D308E347-02B1-4B16-BD64-C3A58D9FCBCE.jpeg
62651626-167D-4F87-A20A-5A1DD60F177D.jpeg
70CD34B2-A754-4ED6-B3B6-E6ACE436E244.jpeg

Last edited:

anewbie

I know it is common but i've never been a fan of flower pots in the aquarium ;) Also i don't think you need it with your scaping.

HookedOnFish_MI

I know it is common but i've never been a fan of flower pots in the aquarium ;) Also i don't think you need it with your scaping.
I hear you, I’m all about a natural look. I’m happy with these though because they’re only a few inches tall, so you can’t see them from the front of the tank. But, I only added them because I thought they’d help with spawning.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I hear you, I’m all about a natural look. I’m happy with these though because they’re only a few inches tall, so you can’t see them from the front of the tank. But, I only added them because I thought they’d help with spawning.
I think the pots are fine, if you want a more natural look you can use 1/2 coconuts with a notch cut in the rim and moss super glued on.

I'm moss fan, it doesn't matter which moss, just plenty of it, and I'd also add a floating plant.

Cheers Darrel

HookedOnFish_MI

Hi all,

I think the pots are fine, if you want a more natural look you can use 1/2 coconuts with a notch cut in the rim and moss super glued on.

I'm moss fan, it doesn't matter which moss, just plenty of it, and I'd also add a floating plant.

Cheers Darrel
Thanks for the advice. I am keeping my eye out for some floating plants.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….