• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Agassizzi has a white marking on head

kribs

5 Year Member
Hi
One of my male redtail has a white spot on his head it is not ich it doesnt look like hole in the head. the fish are kept in RO water. They are in a 5 1/2 gallon tank there are four fish in the tank. 2 aggies and 2 corys. the temp is 84 degrees and i feed them blood worms,mysis, and pellet food.

farm41

5 Year Member
RO water and what else mixed with it? Any tap or RO right?

Could just be a scrape, mine get them from going in and out pots.

kribs

5 Year Member
HI
It is pure RO i have not even mixed any peat or anything like that but the gravel in the tank came from an already established tank and the fish were living in it before and i have various different apistos in it and they are all fine. IT doesnt look like a scrape though.
thank you

Bissot_J

5 Year Member
kribs said:
HI
It is pure RO i have not even mixed any peat or anything like that but the gravel in the tank came from an already established tank and the fish were living in it before and i have various different apistos in it and they are all fine. IT doesnt look like a scrape though.
thank you

Pure RO ? :roll: 8O

i have a question about that .....
is Pure RO is good for life..... ?
i always read/heard/understand that Pure RO doesn't contain (or not enough) vital elements.... so what is the opinion of forum members on that ?

regards

farm41

5 Year Member
That's what I have heard, you have to mix some tap back in, or reconstitute with a some man made products.

Neil

I have started a new thread for the purity of RO water discussion as I don't think that it has anything to do with what kribs is asking about. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. It is, however, an interesting discussion and should be given some space. Here it is:
http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4328#4328

kribs,
Did the spot on your aggie start small and grow? Does it protrude above the surface of the skin?
Neil

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….