• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

yalioo123

ste12000

5 Year Member
I think we may have a spammer in our midst?? yalioo123 has posted a few very interesting posts but they are not in keeping with our forum?? When was the last time a Apistogramma hobbiest needed to know the salinity of water???
Can admin have a look and see what they think!

ste12000

5 Year Member
Are there any moderators or admin still using this forum??..Another spammer is posting stupid pointless posts which have not been removed...

Admin please check out the following user..Cheapwebcamkitty

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Admin and mods are on this forum everyday. Mike Wise deleted yalioo123 posts by the time I read your post, and then I banned yalioo123 as soon as I saw it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Ted

ste12000

5 Year Member
Cheers Ted, i was beginning to worry they would ruin this great forum..Any reason why we have had several over the last few days??

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Ste why don't you just use the little report post icon so the mods know where the posts are? They will then be able to quickly delete the posts and ban the spammer. On the forum I mod it makes life much easier and I try to so that on here for the guys when I have time.

ste12000

5 Year Member
Because i didnt know it was there Ed!!!!

I get the feeling im P*ssing everyone off with this so i wont report any more! Its a puzzle why we are getting them daily in the last few days when ive never really known there to be a problem on here..Oh well im back of out into my fishroom before i upset anyone else ..

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I clear off 3-6 spammers each week. Each spammer is posting 3-10 posts. It isn't a new issue, you are just seeing them before myself or someone else is getting to them.

Jeff

Mud Pie Mama

5 Year Member
Hey, I'm NOT getting P**. . . -off. I also find those spam posts quite annoying.

ste12000, I'm going to guess that because you're on the other side of the Big Pond, you're up a bit earlier than many of our State-side moderators. The moderators probably haven't logging on yet - probably still sleeping. (Or off to some day-job.) When I see spammer post, I usually find that by the next time I log on they are all gone.

A big Thank You for all the work done behind the scenes to make this a great forum!

Kate P.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I do appreciate being informed of spammers. Please keep it up. The report post icon sends me a link, but does not send me the name of the spammer. I have to go look at the post, but usually someone else has already beat me to it (thank you Jeff, Mike and Lisa who catch most of them, and everyone else).

We could also get a person in Europe to mod, seeing as they catch the spammers faster than us over here (makes me wonder where the spammers are coming from.. but not enough to waste time search IP addresses).

Mods... if you do not ban the spammer, please make sure the name of the violator gets posted or sent to me so I can ban them.

Why the current increase in spammers? I do not know. A year ago it was MUCH MUCH worse because of bot programs. I installed a system that prevents bots. These current spammers are either very sophisticated bots that can read a random question and answer it correctly, or they are actual people with a lot more time than I have (since they are actually registering for the forum, waiting for confirmation and then spamming). About all I can do is require that I personally confirm every new member, but there is really no way that will stop them. I do nto want to play the 'prove to me you keep fish' game with any new registrants. A username like 'newfreecamera' is likely a spammer, but a name like 'yalioo123' may or may not be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….