• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTB west african cichlids in Iowa

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm near Milwaukee but I can ship to you once it warms up just a little.

My fish list is posted here under the "fish" section: www.aquaticclarity.com

I'm hopeing to bring in another West African shipment in he next month or so as well.

Anything specific you are looking for?

Jeff

levine

Thanks Jeff. Ted sent me your link and I have checked out what you have. I might be able to make it to ACA and could pick some up then. Not really looking for a certain fish at the moment. I got some from freshwaterfishfan and I really like them, so I wanted to get some more.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Here's what I currently keep (Lincoln, NE):

Pelvicachromis cf. subocellatus
Steatocranus tinanti
Tilapia bakossiorum
Iranocichla hormuzensis
Alcolapia alcalicus (holding)
Steatocranus irvinei (juvies available)
Etroplus canarensis
Steatocranus sp. Red Eye
Tilapia ruweti
Pelvicachromis pulcher Isokpo
Teleogramma brichardi
Hemichromis sp. Moanda
Pelvicachromis sp. Njanje (juvies available)
Benitochromis sp. Eseka
Astatotilapia desfontainii
Chromidotilapia guntheri loennbergii
Benitochromis nigrodorsalis Moliwe (adults available)
Tilapia tholloni
Gobiocichla ethelwynnae
Steatocranus bleheri
Steatocranus gibbiceps
Pelvicacromis taeniatus Dehane (wrigglers -- too youg to sell)
Nanochromis teugelsi
Pelvicachromis taeniatus Kienke

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
No, unfortunately not. I used to keep a pair of the real Matadi a while back (bought them from Tony Orso), but lost them before they got to spawn. They were two of the prettiest fish I ever kept.

Windwalker

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis subocellatus "Moanda"

Have three wild pairs spawning regularly...can provide unrelated F1 pairs.
My subs came in on separate shipments over a three year stretch. I have 6 F1 females 1 year or older if you have odd males that need mates.
I'm near Indianapolis, IN USA. I drive to WY in April for a couple weeks of quiet...I can deliver to exits along I-80.

( I get my wilds from Jeff Michaels...always healthy and fair prices)

Mike Downey

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis cf. subocellatus (P. sp. aff. subocellatus) is an undescribed species from Nigeria. The males resemble P. subocellatus, but the females do not. This fish has been in the hobby off and on for many years. They are hard to find now, especially wild. The only way they come in is as contaminants in shipments of cichlids from Nigeria.

Anton managed to gt enough wild fish from a collector who went to Nigeria last Fall to be able to finally describe the fish. He will include the description in his upcoming revision of the genus.

P. sp. aff. subocellatus is a really great fish, and if you get a chance to get them and keep them you should. There are very few people with them right now, especially in the USA. I have a group that includes a couple wild males found as contaminants, but they are not spawning with my tank-strain females. The females dance and display to them all the time, but the males just chase them off.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….