• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wouri!

peterK

5 Year Member
At last, they did it. :) Female is gurading... 8 youngsters:biggrin: I think if we want to have their successfull spawning, "old" water is needed. And I didn't changed water for 3 weeks now. Fry is doing well. Each time I changed water (even a little) during taking care of eggs, or larvae, nothing happened. Friend of mine have about 18 little Wouris, when he changed water (15 Liters from 96Ltr. tank) he lost some of them. I have no ideas why they are so fragile about it.

Ruki

5 Year Member
Are you talking about me? :biggrin:
After changing water I have 18 youngster, before I had around 20-22. Next time I won't do any change of water for 3-4 weeks. :eek:

Ruki

5 Year Member
Now I have second batch of little "Wouris". :wink: Unfortunately this time female is against male and I had to catch him.... But at first time they were looking after fry together.
From first spawn I have 15 little Wouris and this time female has only ~10 little fishes. Probably because changing water when they were at larvae stadium.

Photos from this spawn:
img0907g.jpg

img0909.jpg

img0915u.jpg

img0927.jpg

Photos from first spawn:
dsc09611.jpg

dsc09612m.jpg

dsc09597.jpg

dsc09596.jpg

dsc09889k.jpg

dsc09896z.jpg

dsc09902.jpg

dsc09891.jpg

This fry now:
img0929.jpg

img0929.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….