• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild T.candidi breeding in bare bottom tank

oldschool

5 Year Member
Hi guys just wanted to share a few pics of one of my wild T.candid breeding pairs. This pair has bred in a bare bottom tank. Here are a few pics. To answer another persons question I suppose yes, they will breed in a bare bottom tank too.

BTW this was the first time I have ever actually watched them breed. Busy hectic life that I have but as fate would have it I arrived home after my sons baseball practice to find my male T.candidi inside a cave acting very peculiar. He was moving about slowly on the bottom of the flower pot in a slow snake like motion. Every now and then he would disappear out of sight and seemed to go to the roof of the cave. I could not see the female anywhere and after a while I noticed she too was in the cave! I wish I had a micro spy camera to get video of they were actually doing looked like. Funny how the male was the boss of the tank however shortly after breeding he was no longer welcome and I had to remove him for his safety. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics but the tank was a very dark tan color due to the peat and oak leaves in the overhead filter. Enjoy the pics.

Male T.candidi

KidPics2042.jpg

Male wild T.candidi

KidPics2042.jpg

Female
KidPics2045.jpg

Female T.candidi smoking a cig after breeding with male and kicking his butt out
KidPics2046.jpg

T.candidi pair after doing the deed

KidPics2041.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….