• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild Apistos...time for another order

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The fish are do in tomorrow. I most likely won't be able to confirm anything until I actually have the fish though...last time the fish were do in on a Wednesday and I didn't actually get them until Thursday because of flight issues.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
It's going to be a late one...or early one depending on your point of view.

The fish wil be in tonight at Midway in the Chicago area as arrived in the US to late to make a flight into Milwaukee today. The flight SHOULD be in around 11-11:30pm. It's almost a 2 1/2 hour drive one way with the construction on the interstate so I won't get back and have eveything unpacked until around 3am assuming everything goes smoothly. So don't expect pictures or an update for a while!

animalmgc

5 Year Member
may the force be with you.I use to do that trip from time to time from Wheeling Illinois and that sucked not sure where you are in Wisc but doesn't sound like fun

animalmgc

5 Year Member
compared to you a newby My mom still lives in Lexington Commons which is almost fairly new across from the Amvets on Mchenry rd it was put up when I was 19ish Im 51 now.Last time I was back the area really changed

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The best laid plans of mice and men...........

The fish are in and everyone is finally unpacked. A nasty storm had some major veins through Chicago shut down last night and delayed flights by several hours so I finally got home this morning around 3:30 and only unpacked a few things right away.

The fish are great again! The baenschi are nice and large, the bitaeniata have a ton of color, the cacatouides and agassizii look like last batch, the eremnopyge are incredible (1st time I've seen this fish in person), and the barlowi look really nice.

The angels...looks like I got subbed 11-12 large angels to round out the medium size I ordered. I'll have an invoice in short order (hopefully) and will add the larger size to the list. Regardless these are some spectacular angels! Nice clean fish with good color and markings and large fins.

And last but not least the Copella eigenmanni. They have a neat "checker board" stripe down their side that already has a hint of red to it. These should make a great dither fish in a South American tank.

Pictures of the new stock to follow over the weekend.

animalmgc

5 Year Member
now you have me in a quandry wether to tak the angels or the eremnopyge only the pictures will tell glad that in the end it all worked out well

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Red Line Splash Tetra

male
redlinesplashmalefull.jpg

female
redlinesplashfemale.jpg

animalmgc

5 Year Member
I would say it was well worth the time Good Job again.hey lookin for a male agassizii to match my other do you have?I just keep llokin them over its like being turned loose in the candy shop.Now you may rest lol

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I sent you a PM, have you seen it yet?

The one from yesterday afternoon? Got it. I need to check on the pair/trio/etc. ratio on the fish you asked about. I MIGHT be home long enough this afternoon to get a rough read on the ratios and get back to you. Otherwise it will be tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Sorry for the delay...lot's going on in prep for the ACA convention in a few weeks!

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….