• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do ?

Griz

5 Year Member
I'm looking for advice on what to do with my community tank. It's a 33 gal 36x12x16, moderately planted, rocks and lots of driftwood. It's a community setup which originally housed a trio of cacatuoides. My male and one female passed on a couple months ago and I am left with a female who is nearing 3 years old and one female offspring who is about 1 year old. I would like to purchase a pair (or perhaps a trio) of young apistos to add to this tank. What do you think?

A second question I have is whether or not I could try a different variety of apisto this time. Would they coexist? Should I stick to cacatuoides? I'm not interested in breeding them at all. This is a community tank and I am simply interested in enjoying the fish in that environment. Current tankmates are a school of firehead tetras and several ottos. The fireheads will take care of any resulting fry should interbreeding occur.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natrickshwaxey

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….