• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What substrate do you recommend?

ginnie5

5 Year Member
fluorite or something else? I was looking at this < AragAlive Planted Aquarium Substrate>
no rinsing - packed in Liquid AmazonTM buffered "Black Water" solution for immediate organic water conditioning. Contains all mineral nutrients needed for luxuriant aquatic plant growth. Includes live Heterotrophic bacteria to rapidly convert fish waste into natural food for your plants. The perfect substrate for your planted tank!

So what's the best?

Ghazanfar Ghori

5 Year Member
I've got flourite in one tank but don't care for the color so much. I like
the color of Onyx much better. Greens look good against the
gray substrate.

farm41

5 Year Member
I have 2 tanks with Onyx sand, I really like the color and texture, but it leaches carbonates into the water, making the water harder(2 degrees Kh for mine) and the Ph higher(couple of tenths). Great effect if your water is too soft, not so great if your water is harder and you want to keep softwater fish.

HTH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….