• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What kind of filter?

ampdaman

5 Year Member
hello all. I finished my 15 gallon long last night and it has all its plants and what not and i currently am settign up a DIY co2 system. I have a whisper power filter on it. If i am going be setting up the c02 system and hopefully breeding a species of apisto what kind of filter would be recomended? thank you
-Aaron

AdamT

5 Year Member
Gaa, made a longer post, but the computer ate it. =(

The quick version is that I like this Zoo Med Turtle 501. About $50 at Petsmart, if you go looking it's in the reptile stuff, not the fish stuff. Got one on my 10 ga now. (75 gph?)

Also, you could get the smallest Cascade canister, but it my 20 ga it was starting to blow my more sedate fish around. (120 gph?)

I have no complaints about the quality of either unit, tho the zoo-med is much smaller. Go with a canister filter if you can.

Adam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….