• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Website Problems?

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
I've been attempting to access the forum via www.apistogramma.com; and am getting a page displaying an orange banner with "Account Suspended" title and the message "This Account Has Been Suspended". I can send a screenshot if needed, just email me at [email protected].

Also, when I click on "New Posts", I get a displaying the following:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /search.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forum.apistogramma.com Port 80

I have been able to access the site via http://forum.apistogramma.com/ though. Is this how I'll have to access it from now on?

Thanks,
Brian

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I talked with Ted about the problem and he said it seems to be an issue with the host site and ALL of the web sites run through there. I don't know what the end solution will be...possibly switching hosting services???...but rest assured the problem is being dealt with.

Jeff

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning All and greatings from Downunder Sydney,
I am also experiencing this issue and unable to open new posts.
hope you can solve soon, cheers jk :cool:

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The 'New Posts' button is not working, and I am not sure how to fix it short of upgrading vBulletin, which I cannot afford to do. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we can still use the forum without the New Posts button functioning.

Right now we have other problems with the hosting company, so the priority is to get the domains moved to a new host. We are having problems with the apistogramma.com domain because the host is not responding to us and we have no access to the hosting management system (cpanel). Big mess. Once we get the domains moved we will probably rebuild the forum on a platform other than vBulletin.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Not unless there is someone here who would like to take over the ownership of the forum. I have maintained it for a few years now and am ready/willing to give someone else a go. I paid for it, but would discuss other arrangements. My only real concern with transfer is that the domain name NOT go to a commercial entity. I think we would all like to see the site continue and a community forum.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Renewing/upgrading vBulletin would cost $285. But my plan is to dump vBulletin and downgrade to a less flashy, easier to manage phpBB system... which cost nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….