• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

We have eggs !!!!!

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
Yes my female Nannacara anomala has done it , she`s not too old after all!!!! I got her in 2003 and thought she needed a mate after being the only cichlid in my loach tank. She has her last brood in 2004 when she killed her mate. Momma now has EGGS!!!!!!

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
I looked in her cave with a flashlight and the eggs are gone. I don`t see any fry.:frown:

eklikewhoa

5 Year Member
That sucks......my caca's keep pumping out eggs/fry but something keeps happening to them. Mine are juveniles though so hopefully they will soon get the hang of it.

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
My guess would be the Malaysian Trumpet Ssnails ate them. Guess i`ll have to set up another tank for breeding.

beleg

5 Year Member
Can snails really eat fry or wigglers? My female agasiz is really aggressive against all snails in the tank even when they are far from her nest. She just targets one and attacks it in a blink of an eye..

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
I would imagine they could eat them at night. looks like they`re spawning again so i`m almost sure the eggs were eaten.

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
Yes the old gal still has it, lol, she had them hid in the cave where it curves. There`s bunches of babies!!!!! Guess she got tied of my shinning the flashlight in on her.:biggrin:

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
Dead fry and Mom injured

Well I guess the male went crazy over night , ate the fry ( all but 1 ) and injured the female. I removed him until she heals. Next time they spawn ( if they do ) i`ll remove him right away.:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….