• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waterlife's OCTOZIN

blueblue

5 Year Member
fishgeek said:
waterlife are quite secretive about there ingredients in my limited experience with them

i see and thanks andrew... BTW, do you have some guesses? ^.^

fishgeek

both bloat and hold in the head have been implicated to intestinal protozoal cuase's - metronidazol would be the most typical antiprotozoal used internally
malachite green is occasionaly used for external protozoal conditions
salt also against external protozoa

others that i have found in reading and have no experience wit are fumiagillin and chloramine t

any idea what the colour of the liquid is? i dont think there is to much new in fish meds , just the same old same old mixed in different bottles, maybe i am just a cynic

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks Andrew again.
hmm... the tablet is white, and is only barely solvable in water.

I feel it is rather close to the anti-biotic that i am using because
both will have the form on the water surface after adding into the
water. Of course, i am quite sure it is a mix of different medicine,
and metronidazol is probably included, too.

fishgeek said:
both bloat and hold in the head have been implicated to intestinal protozoal cuase's - metronidazol would be the most typical antiprotozoal used internally
malachite green is occasionaly used for external protozoal conditions
salt also against external protozoa

others that i have found in reading and have no experience wit are fumiagillin and chloramine t

any idea what the colour of the liquid is? i dont think there is to much new in fish meds , just the same old same old mixed in different bottles, maybe i am just a cynic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….