• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water change with new fry

walt

Hello all my apisto panduros finally had some fry they are now free swimming only a few days old was wondering if I should hold off on water changes also what would be good food for them thanks walt

regani

5 Year Member
Small live food, such as freshly hatched brine shrimp, microworms, or similar works best. They don't always take dried foods from the start.
I always do regular water changes, with or without fry present. As long as the water is agreed, reasonably temperature matched and you don't turn your tank into a whirlpool during the water change you should have no problems

MickeM

5 Year Member
- If you usually change water weekly or so.. I would continue with that ..but maybe in smaller amounts than normal!!
- If you have not changed any water for a month or two..I would take it very easy with changing anything rapidly!!

My experience is behavioural changes simultaneously with waterchanges!!
Somekind of chemical difference between before/after changing may be the reason!!?? (O2, kH, "salty ions" , hormonal or else....????)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….