• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

viejita q

aspen

5 Year Member
why are these fish so hard to find? does anybody have the real viejita II species? if so, please submit photo for confirmation.

rick

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The "the real viejita II" as pictured in Linke & Staeck is a species separate from A. viejita. It is called A. sp. Rotfleck (Red-flecked) by Koslowski. It is a color morph of "Viejita III" called A. sp. Schwarzkehl (Black-throat) by Koslowski. It comes from parts of Colombia that are not usually commercially collected. I do not know of any pure strain of this species in the hobby right now.

Zapisto

5 Year Member
so Mike what you are saying if i understand well
what called "the real viejita II" is not a viejieta at all but an A. sp. Rotfleck (Red-flecked)
and what called "viejita III" is A. sp. Schwarzkehl (Black-throat)

and to finish :
what called "viejita 1" is it actually a viejita ? hehe

well what a mess :) :)

correct me if i misuderstand something please

tahnks

koty

5 Year Member
Here is a female guarding eggs:

dscn14249dk.jpg

and here is the male

dscn14239jc.jpg

both purchesd as II

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I purchased some wild viejita from Ken Davis a few weeks ago. They appear to be the real thing. I will try to post an image... as soon as I get a better one.

RiC

5 Year Member
tjudy said:
I purchased some wild viejita from Ken Davis a few weeks ago. They appear to be the real thing. I will try to post an image... as soon as I get a better one.

Same for me, he sold them to me about one month ago, I hope they will be ready to breed soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….