• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Viejita or Macmasteri?

Mburz

Hi all. These fish were labeled as A. viejita 'Red Neck'. I have been told and have read that they are most likely to be A. macmasteri. They may be too young to tell for sure but any opinions are welcome.
Viejita1.jpg

Viejita2.jpg

The fish in pic 1 is around 35mm TL and the other is -30mm TL.
I must clean that glass:redface:

Bilbo

5 Year Member
I hope Mike posts on this but as he is far more reliable than me but for me they are 2 young male macmasteri.

But I am only 75% sure about the ID and 50% sure about the sex :wink:

I really do hope I am wrong about both though.

Mburz

I thought two males too. I got two more today that were the most feminine of the four at the LFS but too young to be sure yet.

shoshone

For the sex,they are too young to tell.
For the id, i join the others,they are macmasteri.
Are they in the same tank ?

shoshone

ok,

for me that of the first photography is a male predominant, that of the second photography is a male dominated.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….