• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unidentified dwarf

Kithrup

5 Year Member
Hi
I'm very new to dwarf cichlids other than rams and kribs so I really hope you can help ID this little guy. My lfs had 2 pairs listed as "assorted cichlids" and this male and a female were busily guarding eggs. So I couldn't resist and made a spontaneous purchase. They are curently in my quarantine tank while I prepare a tank for them.
Any advise would also be appreciated.
Cheers,
Darren
cichlid.jpg

HaakonH

5 Year Member
Hey Darren!

Seems you have got your hands on a beautiful pair of Laetacara curviceps :)

They are easy to keep, but make sure you keep their tank clean and do some frequent water changes - if not they tend to develop lethal diseases like hole in the head or bacterial infections. You should be able to find a lot of additional info by doing a google search.

-Haakon

Kithrup

5 Year Member
Thanks for the help Haakon. I've never seen this species down here so it'll be fun to give them a go.

Viejo, I'm in New Zealand, not sure what importer the lfs is using I'm afraid.

GuyFromNZ

5 Year Member
Hi kithrup,

They are indeed Laetacara curviceps
I have 5 myself from a breeder in nelson.
I have found mine to be very slowgrowing.

-Dixon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ada_1022

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(