• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This is my male Dicrossus filamentosus...

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
DSCI2166.JPG

DSCI2159.JPG

DSCI2160.JPG

Mol_PMB

Mine took several months before they started spawning, and then at least 5 spawns before any actually hatched.
I gave them lots of options for spawning sites but they chose a coconut cave that I had placed on a large flat stone. I think other people have had them spawn on broad-leaved plants.
Also, you may need to lower the pH and hardness some more for successful breeding, closer to pH 5.

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
Thank you, sir. Then take my PH levels and ensure a continuity difficult. But I will try. Have a nice day.

Mol_PMB

Here's my dominant male with some of his kids. I really need to move them out soon, just waiting for another tank to be ready for them.

I think I have a local shop lined up to take the juveniles unless anyone here wants them? I'm in Manchester, UK.

Attachments

• Dicrossus_dad+juveniles.jpg
    Dicrossus_dad+juveniles.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 448

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
Pretty big Dicrossus filamentosus that you see at the local shop. I think male have a large harem. I can not tell you how much I know this fish. Dicrossus filamentosus, recently widespread in Turkey. Let's see if we can manage to feed and produce?

rr16

5 Year Member
Here's my dominant male with some of his kids. I really need to move them out soon, just waiting for another tank to be ready for them.

I think I have a local shop lined up to take the juveniles unless anyone here wants them? I'm in Manchester, UK.

I'd be after a female if you can sex them.

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
Female Dicrossus filamentosus, lay eggs three days ago. But I've never seen such a small and delicate eggs. Already today female had eaten eggs. I can not take pictures, have a lot of eggs hidden somewhere knees. The first egg event occurred. Now let's see what will happen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….