• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

teleogramma

element

5 Year Member
anyone keeping teleogramma ? i've always admired them but haven't pulled the trigger . due to aggression / limited tank space. any experiences to share?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have four T. brichardi that I got from Jeff (aquaticclarity). Two males and two females. They are large enough to spawn, but have not done so yet. I am wondering if they are too young. Jeff's breeders were wild, and probably older than the fish I have when they spawned. I keep them in a 33 long with heavy aeration and current. Structure in the tank is provided by three long, flat terra cotta trays that are held off the bottom glass by stones and overlapped on each other to create narrow gaps between the trays. There is fine gravel in the tank, and the cichlids excavated a network of tunnels between the glass and the bottom of the trays. They are aggressive, but have not killed each other or any othe rfish .... yet. When/if they spawn I suspect they will get a lot nastier. I keep the water parameters at a moderate harness and neutral pH (TDS 200 ppm, KH 2 and pH 7).

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Ted, any idea where to find Teleogramma species (brichardi, depressum) in the U.S.? I would like to set up a tank similar to the one you described. I looked at all the "typical" sellers/importers (Toyin, Tony Orso, Dave Schuhmacher etc.) but nobody seems to carry Teleogramma (at least not right now).

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
They are sporadic imports, usually being collected July - September. There were not many importations this year that I know of, but Tony Orso did list T. depressum (though I also heard that they did not hold up, and I know of noone who got some). Toyin had T. brichardi for a while, but I think he only had a few.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Trust me, I've been looking at multiple "regular" import sources for Teleogramma since late summer and Orso was the only source that listed the fish. And like Ted said he didn't offer them for very long. I've still got the lone wild proven female T. brichardi that needs a mate and have been unable to locate any...other then Ted's!

Jeff

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Ted, you are right: Tony O. listed T. depressum this summer. I was about to place an order with Tony, but learned from him that all the depressum died while being in quarantine. Not sure where the depressum were coming from and/or whether Tony will be getting another shipment. Well, get your's to spawn!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….