• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

taeniacara candidi FROM madeira (WILD)

• Thread starter poborsky@抱&amp
  • Start date

Randall

5 Year Member
Taeniacara candidi

Well, gee, I'll second that...WOW! Just knock my socks off! 8O

Good luck with them.

Randall Kohn

M

macafe

Firs of all, Very nice fish, :lol: congratulations.

Hi everyone, I'm Marc from Barcelona and I also have taeniacra candidi in one of my tanks, i would try to bred them soon, any recomendations?

One pic of one of my two males:

http://www.revela2.com/media/fotos2/15603/226767-4155_max.jpg

Edited - Please see the new forum rules and welcome to the forum. - Gary

Neil

macafe,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Although this species can reproduce in higher water values, I have had best results getting them to spawn, having the eggs hatch, and getting a reasonable sex ratio in soft, acidic water (5pH, 1-2º KH and GH).
They are a very small, but great little Dwarf Cichlid. Good luck with them!

Neil

Lenny Llambi

5 Year Member
Nice little dwarf. Can't help but look at those pictures and wonder about their possible evolutionary relationship to Apistogramma agassizi. Beautiful fish nonetheless.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Lenny,

T. candidi is a member of the agassizii-lineage, most closely related to A. elizabethae. I even have a photo of a fish that is possibly an intermediate between these 2 species. It will be part of my program at the ACA convention next month.

Neil

Mike,

I can't wait to see your elizadidi slide!!! I am sure that you have a bunch that all who are attending will go nutty about.

Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loscide

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….