• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steatocranus irvinei

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Thanks to the generosity of one of the forum members I finally found a female irvinei to go with my lone male. I kept them in the same tank but used a divider for several weeks. Yesterday morning I removed the divider and things seem to be fine. Still holding my breath, though!

Are there any forum members out there who successfully spawned this species? Right now, I keep the pair in (pretty hard) tap water. THis works very well for all my other Steatocranus species. Considering that irvinei come from a very different region, I am wondering if I am using the right strategy?

Janos

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieApisto

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(