• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

so much trouble!

A

ACIDKEEPER

ahh.. i can't ever get me borellii to breed, i ve tried everything from PH to RO to live foods, they don't even chase one another, not even a little tail slapping once in a while. i don't get it, why? :x how can i get them to breed is there some reason they're not even showing any mood to breed. any information would be helpful, so very desperate... thank you :(

Randall

5 Year Member
Reluctant Apistogramma borellii

Dear Acidkeeper,

Can you give us a bit more information, please? How long have you had the fish; how many pairs are there; how are you keeping them; what are you feeding them; what is the temperature and chemistry of the water, etc.? We need to know a little more to help you out. Don't despair: in time, you may be begging them to stop breeding!

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

Discus Man

5 Year Member
On Feb 20th you were asking when they might breed. 3 1/2 weeks is nt an eternity.

Borelli like water cooler than many apistos and I had very few spawns at higher temps. What temp is the tank.

Other than that, leave the tank alone for two weeks, no water changes, then do a big wc with R/O water (25 % ) and they will spawn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….