• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick panduro

sorriva99

Hi all,
I think I have a problem with my panduro male
I think that he have the hole sick (malattia del buco), but I don't know if the apisto can take it..what do you think?

In practice he have a little hole immediately up of the mouth..

water parameter:
PH: 6,8 (i try to keep it down with peat, but he don't won't to move..)
Kh: 0-1
Gh: 6

I gave them frozen food, artemia and white chiro, and granulate from elos, the tank mates are
2 panduro female
12 nannostomus beckofrdii
15 paracheirodon axelrodi
3 peckoltia brevia

uploadfromtaptalk1439590632350.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439590671266.jpg

Sorry for the rally bad pics, but I only have a telephone to do it

Thanks all

sorriva99

They are immediately up of the mouth, and yes, he is already sick, since yesterday he going bad.. :(
I don't know how to do

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
All I see is the nostril and the fold normally seen in front of the upper lip. These aren't symptoms. As Gerald wrote, it is most likely a bacterial infection and probably internal.

gerald

5 Year Member
The photo is fuzzy but I think I can see the lesion he's talking about - the pale area with a dark center. It looks like other bacterial lesions I have seen on the heads and jaws of Apistos, Rams, and Pelvicachromis

sorriva99

thanks all,
so, i'm happy that this isn't hole sick, but i've understand that this fungus/bacterial infection are difficult to heal, if indeed it is...

Anyway gerald has right, the problem is the white area and the dark area in the center are little hole, today it's like if he had blisters and skin slightly raised lift, it's like an a wound with puss.
But it have appetite, and he swim normally, he also can move all the fins.
These fish is in the tank from 4 month, and the water parameter are always the same, so i don't think that he have stressed up.

Should I isolate him? Have i to proced with the 2 medicines cited in the other discussion?

Really thanks all

Attachments

• apisto.jpg
    apisto.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 401

gerald

5 Year Member
Yes, i think isolating him would be best. Even though all the fish in the tank may alredy be infected with these same bacteria, the fish with open sores may be releasing more bacteria into the tank, and might overwhelm the immune systems of fish that are currently fighting against a small infection. Also keeping him alone will allow you feed him all the best foods, like live mosquito larvae. I guess you can probably add Kanamycin to the food too. Robi can probably tell us whether Kanamycin works best via food or via water, IF you decide to use medicines. You can spend a lot of time and money trying to treat bacterial infections that never heal. On the other hand, it may be a good learning experience whether it succeeds or fails ... the choice is yours.

sorriva99

Get it..
uploadfromtaptalk1439839724962.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439839764991.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439839805637.jpg

I don't know what I do..The problem is that from 6 hours I go away from home to stay 4 days at the expo.. :(

gerald

5 Year Member
In that case DEFINITELY take him out of the tank containing other fish. If he dies while you are gone and the other fish start eating the body, they could get a huge additional dose of infectious bacteria.

sorriva99

Unfortunately he is die..
I think now that I will do a strong restyling of the tank (120 l, 80*40*50cm..) and after I will open a topic about the new population :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….