• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick Agassizi, whats he got?

Mystic Fish

When i got this fish from the shop i noticed he had 1 white spot the size of a scale. Then 2 spots appeared so i prepared the spare medication tank. He started falling asleep from the clove oil smell that remained from the last fish. Oops, lesson learned, don't put clove oil in the tank. So i Put him in a bucket, bleached the med tank and scrubbed it for days, put him back in the main tank for him to eat cause he doesn't seem to be eating. Now hes back in the med tank finally with minimal smell.

Ive been using Tri-Sulfa (BluePlanet) and Myxazin (Waterlife). Australia.
This is him now, you can see under his gill he has a white tag thing and his spots have gotten worse but they've kinda healed. What is this?

(Click the pictures to enlarge)

cL3lTCW.jpg

FhGU7XR.jpg

gerald

5 Year Member
Most likely a bacterial infection, but at this point you cant tell whether the bacteria made him sick in the first place or whether that's a secondary infection following some other primary problem (poor diet, injury, internal parasites, other stressors ...???) Good luck and let us know if he recovers!

Mystic Fish

He died last night, I didnt think he was gonna make it :(
He was at the bottom sinking like in the pic and hadn't eaten for a few days.
The female Agassizii i got with him seems healthy. Ill have to back and get another male without a white spot this time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….