• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Real pertensis??? nice agassizii type and ???

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Wild Caught Exported from Manaus, Brazil Arrived Monday night

-pardon the air bubbles on the fish, I moved them to a photo tank to get the pictures-

Real Apistiogramma pertensis?
IMG_9797.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9786.jpg

some sort of agassizii (all pictures are of one male-another male has a "pearl" spotted pattern in the upper lobe of his tail)
IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9773.jpg

hippolytae??? (one have one of these!)
IMG_9779.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, they look like young adult A. pertensis (holotype form) to me. Nice agassizii; I can't say which form (fish are young and washed out). They could be the Rio Negro population of the Netz form or the holotype form found just west of Manaus. Yes, the last fish is A. hippolytae. Hope they settle in well!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks Mike. All 3 species came in together in a mixed bag. With a quick count I'd say over 1/2 are the pertensis and the rest are the agassizii type other then the single hippolytae. I would assume, and it's only an assumtion, that the pertensis and the agassizii were collected togther. The last batch of mixed apistos I brought in have the same agassizii in it so these could be left overs though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….