• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ram Problem Photo

Villo

5 Year Member
Hi, I bought 4 pairs of nice looking and colourful Rams about 20 days or so, I kept them in a quarentine tank, but they came with white spot, I treated the disease with sera costapur, and when I saw they were ok about a week after the treatment I took them to the main tank.

In a few days two females showed some spots (not white spot disease) on their head, and one male is starting now.

Kh 4
Ph 6.5
GH 10
NO3 around 5 or 10 I had to every two or three days potassium nitrate because of the plants needs.

the Main tank parameters are right now, as shown above though till a few days Ph has been going up and down from 6.5 during nigth to 7.2 before turning out lights more or less, because of CO2 injection, finally I've manage to keep it constant

I don't now if it's fungus or something similar, the rest of the tank inhabitants are really healthy, do you thing now that my ph is constant that they will recover, of whatever illness they are suffering?

They eat pretty well, What do you think it is? and how should I treat them if I have to. the pic isn't of great quality but if you look in the head it shows some points, the females except for one are losing their color.

28161367.jpg

thanks

fishgeek

i find it difficult to tell much from the photo
and i would suggest that if the fish had white spot they were in a stressed state for some reason when you purchased
repeated tank changes will not aid this situation, rather consistent and suitable enviroment would hopefully be all that is required

perhaps stop adding the fertiliser in the short term
maybe soften the water to lower kh and gh levels

the spots in the photo do look larger than the usual ichthyopththrius parasites , though must still be included in your differentials

intialluy i work on just providing suitable and stable water conditions
as long as the fish show normal posture and are eating , whilst just being less than colourful the chances for recovery are better

best of luck
andrew

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….