• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

please ID my bitaeniata

watsawat

5 Year Member
Can you help me identify my bitaeniata Because my bitaeniata are wild caugh so I do not know their come from (the shop that I bought do not know too ) .
my apisto have 2 type colour yellow fin and light blue fin.
first yellow bitaeniata
bita1zh6.jpg

[email protected]

watsawat

5 Year Member
Another my light blue colour bitaeniata . ( I know only they come from peru but I do not know theirs specific name.)
I want to know that Can I breed difference colour type of my bitaeniata.(female light blue fin male yellow fin. I have only 1 female )

blueblue

5 Year Member
we call this kind the "A. bita - Red Wings/Fins" from Peru.
It's a usual type of bita that is available in the market ...

watsawat

5 Year Member
Thank for your answer. I"m in Thailand , here in Thailand most of apisto are imported from peru but It is few quatity. ( in some species are very expensice for me)
for my bitaeniata I am not success in breeding them ( I only breed cacatuoides) . I want to breed my bitaeniata Can you tell me some trick for breeding bitarniata.This is pictures of my apisto.(another type) I want to know what its name you call
59289864nf0xa8.png

blueblue

5 Year Member
Breeding bita is not difficult if you have the right environment for the pair. As seen from your first picture, i believe that you are using aqua soil as the substrate which should provide soft and acidic water. Provided that you offer the pair with good nutrient, you will probably be able to breed them quite easily. To stimulate spawning, you may try the pH shock and temperature shock by having a bit more changes in pH and temperature, respectively...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….