• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plants do you suggest?

Mikey

5 Year Member
I'm trying a new planted tank, and want to know what you guys suggest for a tank of maybe agassizi,cacatuoides, kribs,or rams? I don't want the "jungle" look, just some nice contarsting, slow-growing various plants. Liking mosses as well. What do you think? P.S. i know they have different habitats, but it's not a biotope, so generally speaking.......

Camandcalsmom

5 Year Member
Hiya,

I love to use big java ferns. My westies seem to love them. Its really about trial and error to find what you personally will like.

Ang

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
The best thing IMO about Java ferns, Anubias and Moss is that you can tie them onto caves and pieces of wood and when you need to remove fish from a set up can simply remove them! They also look great. For smaller tanks I tend to use the 'Windelov' and 'Narrow' varieties of JF as they don't grow as big.

jose_vogel

5 Year Member
Yes, Mikey.

Almost all of them will thrive with low light (the exception could be some Cryptocorine and some Echinodorus).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….