• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Yes, an impressive list of fish.

FYI Diamente was the name under which A. alpahuayo (aka A. sp. Schwarzkinn/Black-chin) was imported. Diamente refers to the village of Diamente Azul on the upper Rio Nanay where it originated and first collected and imported by Julio Melgar in the 1980s. Interestingly the type locality listed in the scientific description ("a small nameless cocha (lake) with a small affluent quebrada (brook) approximately 29 km south of Iquitos" and the same type locality for A. cinnalabra) appears to be where local collectors introduced A. alpahuayo in the 1990s. This was because it was easier to get to.
Thank you so much for your time in this thread. This ve learned a lot and will now be looking for exporters dealing with scientific names only (if I can find any in Peru) mostly just wanted to say thank you for spending your valuable time with me.

hengeli

5 Year Member
More eremnopyge: I just got 2 pairs from my LFS.

Lhd76mt.jpg

Vu8D1jf.jpg

c5DHZVF.jpg

hengeli

5 Year Member
Yeah sure, will get in touch if need be. From my experience, when you breed, the next generation will throw up a few winners so I'm not worried.

hengeli

5 Year Member
Looks selective bred but since you're sure it's wild, good on you. Nice fish, I get my fish from Orange so regardless of them having inferior genetics - they're precious to me.

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Looks selective bred but since you're sure it's wild, good on you. Nice fish, I get my fish from Orange so regardless of them having inferior genetics - they're precious to me.
Not bashing fish by any means I’m all over wilds I just have a guy that helps me and only recommends when it’s time. Got sure lucky

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Also have been in the industry about 10 yes so have built quite a bit of connections. If you’re ever interested In adding to your genetics lmk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….