• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis sacrimontis

Woody

5 Year Member
Hello everyone

Just happen to find someone who can sell me six 1 inch juvies of Pelvicachromis sacrimontis. Anyone have any experince they would like to share? Breeding size, clutch quantities, first foods for fry, frequence of spawning.
I plan on pairing them up in a 35 long, then seperating the couple(s) if I'm lucky more than one into 20 gallon longs.
Have plenty of experience with pulchers, and am moving to other pelvicachromis species.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Woody

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
In my experience sacrimontis is one of the more aggressive Pelvicachromis species. They also grow quite a bit larger than P. pulcher... they are called the 'giant krib' with good reason. As they grow I think that you will find the females will mature faster and start beating on subdominant fish. I housed my pair in a 33 long (4 ft long). I think a 20 is small for a mature pair. Otherwise they bred adn raise fry just like a P. pulcher does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jatoecha

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….