• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. sacrimontis redescribed

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The 1977 Paulo description of P. sacrimontis has been debated for 15 years, mostly due to the lack of a neotype in the description. Anton Lamboj defended Paulo's description in 1999, and was the first author (that I know of) to use the P. sacrimontis name in a major book publication (Lamboj's 2004 book on the cichlids of West Africa).

Lamboj & Pichler have a paper published this week in Zootaxa that provides a fresh description of the species, provides a neotype and verifies Paulo's 1977 work and the name P. sacrimontis.

We can expect a flurry of papers from Lamboj et al over the next year or so. Multiple papers on the genus Pelvicachromis (of which this is just the first), a revision of Hemichromis (including a new genus), some new Congochromis and een some work in the tilapiines. I suspect that the next paper out will be the description of P. sp. aff. subocellatus, but I no not know what he will name it.

Attachments

• SAC_Paper.pdf
    337.8 KB · Views: 1,168

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….