• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newly Planted

Dread

5 Year Member
:) Enjoy. It should be rearranged many times in the near future, until I am 100% happy. But for now, it will due.

Size: 10g
Lighting: Coralife Aqualight 1x 65w
C02: ADA Advanced C02 Kit
Flora: Bacopa caroliniana, Didiplis diandra, HC, Hygrophila difformis (Wisteria), Ludwigia ovalis, Pogostemon stellatus broad leaf, Amazon Sword, Saggitaria Subulata
Fauna: Apistogramma sp. "Pebas", Corydoras Pygmaeus, Bristnose Pleco
Fertilizers: EI Method, Flourish, Nitogen, Pottassium, Phosphorus
Other: ADA Green Bacter
Filter: Aquaclear 70 (300 gph)

This is about 2 hours after planting:

plants009so2.jpg

Some other shots:
plants007yt1.jpg

plants005nh7.jpg

plants006hy2.jpg

:) Any comments welcome.

Dread

5 Year Member
Very nice, it should grow in well. I would suggest a piece of driftwood or a bigger rock, but that is just my opinion.

The rock is more or less just left-over from when I housed German Blue Rams in this tank. They would lay their eggs on the rock, and the current from the filter flowed right over them, so it worked out well. I'm considering tieing Riccia or some moss to it, just to test the method out.

ste12000

5 Year Member
I agree it should grow into a lovely aquatic garden, but a nice large ceterpiece root or rock would really set it off. A nice branchy piece with moss all over it would be the best.. Just my opinion.. goodluck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….