• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adam's 3 foot Dutch Planted Tank (in the making)

discus_noob

Hi guys,

This is my dutch tank in the making. Please be kind as at the moment it is a mess and still growing out and swapping things around weekly till I get the right balance. This is my first planted set up so it is a big leap for me.

Tank
3 foot by 20 inches by 20 inches Tank
Rimless, Braceless, Supportless Tank
12mm Glass Panels
Bevelled Polished Edges

Tank Stand
ADA inspired Tank Stand
730mm high
Exact template taken off an ADA Tank Stand
Finished in Satin Black (even the insides are done in satin black)

Substrate
6 x 9L ADA Amazonia I Normal
1 x ADA Penac P
1 x ADA Penac W
1 x ADA Clear Super
1 x ADA Tourmaline BC
1 x ADA Iron Bottom

Filtration
1 x Eheim 2217 canister filter

1 x ANS iFlo Filtration Set 17mm Lillypipes with a 13mm outflow (replacing with CADE gear in the next month)

Lighting
1 x Aquascape Design 6 x T5HO ASD900C 3 Foot Lighting Unit
6 x T5HO 39W 10000K Tubes
Phillips Advance Ballast
Used to hang with Cade Luxury Light Stand
Colour: Anodized Black
Dimensions: 900 x 370 x 50mm
Swapped lighting bulbs to Giesseman Bulbs Midday and also aquaflora 3 x of each.

1 x Cade Luxury Light Stand

Heating
1 x Hydor Eth Inline 300W External Heater
1 x ADA NA 12mm Thermometer (Clear)

C02 Set Up
1 x C02 Pro 0.82L Injection Package with extras consisting of;

C02 Pro 0.82L Bottle
C02 Regulator
Electromagnetic Solenoid Valve
Needle Valve Tap
3.5cm Japanese Style Glass Diffuser
3.5cm Pollen Glass Diffuser
2.5m of c02 tubing
Brass c02 Bubble Counter
Glass c02 Bubble Counter
Glass Check Valve
DAZS Beetle c02 Bubble Counter
ANS Drop Checker

1 x C02 Pro 0.82L Bottle (Spare)

Fertilisers
EI DOSING

Plant Tools
ANS Plant Scissors Surgical Grade Curved
ANS Plant Scissors Curved
ANS Plant Tweezers Curved
ANS Multi Purpose Tweezers

Hardscape
30kg Iwagumi Lava Grey Fieldstone Rocks from Aquascape Design

Excuse the tank it is still hazy after a big trim and minor fiddle.

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

Just waiting on my UG, HC lawn to grow. My mid ground is looking unreal. Just need to work on the background on the left hand side, and work on a mid to background for the right hand side and then grow and trim plants accordingly. Have some bacopa salzmannii and rotala colorata on their way this week as well as some more rotala sp green.

I am hoping that the mini type 2 in the midground with the colorata on the left hand side will fill in (out of colour due to 5 day black out from algae issue), and also place the sp green behind them, place colorata behind the bacopa sp japan and the verigated that is in the midground behind the belem, place some rotala colorata behind the HU and the Rotala indica, followed by the bacopa and lastly by some Syngonanthus sp 'Manaus' behind them all on the very back right hand corner.

Of course it will be tapered with a nice curve flow with each species getting their own bulb kind of shape to make them distinctive and stand out.

Still a LONG LONG WAY OFF so I know it looks RUBBISH at the moment but give it a few months guys :)

Adam

arodg12

Wow, Adam, good job buddy! In the makings for a tank that will surely be quite awesome on the eyes! After you get the plant set up completed, do you have an idea on the fish you will add?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….