• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to this forum...

Bobby Gendron

Hi All - I'm new to this forum and am looking forward to participating. I'm not new to the Pelvicachromis taeniatus species and have cared for Moliwe and Bipindi in the past. Right now I'm working to get my 50 gallon tank ready for some P. taeniatus 'Nyete' that I'll be getting from Jeff over at AquaticClarity. Here is a picture of my setup:

tank.jpg

I'm using Special Blend to cycle the tank and I've got my Ammonia down to 0 ppm and just need my Nitrites to get down to 0 ppm. My pH is at 6.9 and I'm currently keeping the temp at 78 degrees for the Special Blend. I might bring the temperature down to 75 degrees once the tank is cycled and I receive the fish. Thoughts? I'm planning on feeding my fish frozen blood worms and I'll also be trying the Repashy Soilent Green that I just got from Ted Judy. I also just received some burrito caves that I'll be adding to my tank tomorrow.

Now I just need those darn Nitrites to settle down so that Jeff can ship my fish! :)

Bobby

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….