• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forum.

ste12000

5 Year Member
Hi all, iv been reading the threads for a while now so i have decided to register and share some my experiences.
I am 30 now and have been keeping fish for 15 years, i have always had a softspot for dwarfs and keep a few species in my fishroom. I am currently keeping...

Pelvicachromis taeniatus (Bipindi) Breeding..Fry freeswimming today.

Nannacara Anomala.. fighting/breeding.

Nannacara Adoketa.. New this week, i bought the last three from pier aquatics in wigan, they all have fin damage and are a bit to young to sex properly,they are all in individual 20litre tanks while the fins recover. I am hoping for a pair and to breed them eventually.

Apistogramma Borelli..1 male and 6 females in a 180litre tank. all the females have fry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSU3KyV_rPA

Apistogramma hongsloi.. Also new this week,bought from Pier Aquatics, 1 certain male and two, hopefully females an inch long.

I also have tons more different species, cichlid and non cichlid, check out
http://www.celestialpearldanio.com/viewtopic.php?t=393&highlight=
for more details.

ste12000

5 Year Member
Tell me about it, the male is very actively chasing the female trying to get her to spawn. And when he succeeds i know that the deed is done when he is hiding in a corner with ripped fins.
The new Adoketa's were fine in the shop and in pretty good nick, when i returned home with them they have made a right mess of each other on the journey home, every fin on every fish is ripped. I have had to seperate the three to seperate tanks to let the fins heal. I just hope i get a pair!!!

KnaveTO

5 Year Member
Ah... okay... they are agressive breeders... now I understand. Thought you were keeping them to use them for fighting as some people have been known to do with certain species of fish...

ste12000

5 Year Member
NO NO NO.. sorry if i confused you, i would never subject a fish to that kind of treatment. Fish are my passion, keeping and breeding them..never fighting them. Although my nannacara female might just make world champion..Ask the male on that one ha ha..

Microman

5 Year Member
Hi,
Your Adoketa are UK tank bred in Liverpool by Scouse Ray who sometimes frequents this forum....
There are 3 people that i know of who are breeding this species in the UK so if you are unlucky enough to get same sex fish then give one of us a shout via pm.
Good luck with them, They are cracking fish....
Mark...

ste12000

5 Year Member
I thought they might be from scouse ray, i have seen his breeding article when researching these fish. Neil at Pier aquatics told me they were local, they need a good feed and recovery period before i do anything more. If i am unlucky enough to not get a pair i will certainly ask for any help although Neil said he can source some more for me if needed. Thanks for your welcome and i hope to meet you again on here.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….