• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New tank

chris1805

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

I would like some advice on my thoughts.

Currently i own 2 tanks. A 120L tank (60x40x60cm) and a 60L tank (60x30x36cm). I am thinking about replacing these two tanks by 1 bigger tank of 300L (120x50x60cm). Both my current tanks are able to house 1 pair of Apisto's each, so now i can house 2 different type of Apisto's. When going to the 300L tank i would be able to house maybe a trio of Apisto's with some corydoras. I prefer having a big community tank over two tanks that can only house a pair of apisto;s. I was thinking about stocking the tank with the following:

Apistogramma Eremnopyge (1 male : 2 female)
Corydoras panda 8
Paracheirodon Simulans 20-25
Nannostomus Eques 20-25
otocinclus 5

I am not sure wether this would be an overstocking of the tank but i think this should be doing fine in a 300L tank if i make sure that the turn overrate of the cannister filter is about 4 times the tank volume.

The tank will be properly decorated with lots of wood, rocks and deadleaves. I will add some easy sword plants and Hydrocleys Nymphoides.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Kind regards,
Christian

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think your community tank should be fine with the fish listed - except I would have 3 male apistos. Successful breeding will be unlikely with this community.

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
This information has made me happy. Because whatever the volume, we are trying to feed the only kind of Apisto. For the first time I saw a master offer a mixed tank for Apisto. I am satisfied, I want to feed the Apisto species, I love too. Thank you...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….