• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New home

slickwillislim

5 Year Member
What are some good things i can put in my tanks as homes for my apisto bitaeniata. I want to make sure they have a place to hide until they can settle in and also for when they get scared. I have heard the clay pot idea but i was looking for something i could find around the house. I have some pvc but they dont have ends so i dont think they will like it unless i where to rescape and put the pvc in the sand. What do you guys use as homes for ur apistos. Thanks in advance for the help.

blueblue

5 Year Member
slickwillislim said:
What are some good things i can put in my tanks as homes for my apisto bitaeniata. I want to make sure they have a place to hide until they can settle in and also for when they get scared. I have heard the clay pot idea but i was looking for something i could find around the house. I have some pvc but they dont have ends so i dont think they will like it unless i where to rescape and put the pvc in the sand. What do you guys use as homes for ur apistos. Thanks in advance for the help.

i use drift wood, flask, and pot for my tanks ^.^

fishgeek

coconut shell hlves, small terracota pots

basically anything that they can squeeze into will be used, then either grow something on it or choose things that you think fit in aesthetically
small pvc pie does work ok

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to Posts

:) Hi Slick I so far use every thing mentioned for my apistos I also use bricks used for houses i find them a new construction sites for free broken or whole they got anywhere up tp 6-7 holes they work well for me.

Sincerely Curtis

slickwillislim

5 Year Member
I like the ideas of different ways to make them homes. They seem to get along well and they spend most of thier time out in the open. I will still look for some homes for them. Thanks.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….