• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New fish coming in for the ACA

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'll be getting the following fish in Friday for delivery to the ACA the following week. Shipping is also an option if you can't make the convention.

Check out www.aquaticclarity.com for the rest of the fish I have ready to go (I'll update the list over the weekend to incluide the new fish and several things I already have that aren't on the list.)

Thanks,
Jeff

Apistogramma cf. pandurini
Apistogramma baenschi
Apistogramma norberti
Nannastomus morenthaleri
Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Moliwe"
Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Kienke"
Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Lokunje"

Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Njanje†+++++++++NEW FISH!

Pelvicachromis subocellatus "Moanda"
Pelvicachromis signatus"Kolente"
Nannochromis parilius Blue Congo Cichlid
Nannochromis dimidiatus

Steatocrannus cassuarius
Hemichromis sp."Moanda"Lg.non aggressive

Anomalochromis thomasi"African Butterfly Cichlid

Caecomastacembelus marchei “Lobe Systemâ€

Barbus hulstaerti Yellow finned Butterfly Barb

Rhexipanchax nimbaensis “ Mount Nimba deep body Lampeye"

Synodontis flavitaeniatus "Orange form"

Synodontis cf.koensis Black spotted yellow Syno

Synodontis soloni

Synodontis oceliffer Ocellated Synodontis

Synodontis sp. "Zebra" Zebra Upside-down Syno

Synodontis brichardii Brichard's Syno

Mochokiella paynei ---Yellow Marble Catfish

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am curious to see what the P. taeniatus Njaja look like. They are collected near the Muyuka collection area, but in a different drainage. I have been told that the females look like Wouri, but have not had the males described to me. The Muyuka area is north of the Wouri watershed, but I think it is possible to drop into the WOuri from that area. So these are possibly collected in the Wouri system. I have been talking to the exporter and he is going to try to get an exact location (GPS coordinates?) for me.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Njanje†are in. What a stunning fish! I'll work on pictures but the fish are in a bare bottom tank so the colors won't be as good as they would be in a furnished tank.

The females have a female P. t. Wouri look to them with a very prominant pinkish-purple belly. Some of the girls even have ocelli in the caudal.

The males look very much like P. t. Moliwe with a slightly different color sceme. That means large ocelli in the caudal, some males have 2-3 while other have 4-5+. The difference that I've noticed so far between Njanje and Moliwe is the gill/head region color. In Moliwe that area is golden over all. In the Njanje the head/gill region has a nice green cast to it.

More to come as the fish settle in.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Here they are: Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Njanje" in a bare bottom tank with some lights on top just to take some pics (read: wash-out and stressed)

male-head.jpg

male-wave-r.jpg

male-1-r.jpg

female-dark.jpg

female-1-r.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….