• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Some Advice on Tefe Pearl Blue Sickness

Aquatic_Adam

5 Year Member
Hey all,

I noticed a strange growth on my male tefe's head. In time it turned out to look something like a pimple (white head and all) on his head. Sadly, I don't have a good system of getting a picture (iPhone's aren't always great for this hobby). I was going to start treating with Melafix, but I wanted to check before. Anybody experienced anything like this? Is Melafix a good route to go? Is it curable, or will I never get my Apistos to spawn?

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Without a clear picture of the affected fish, your guess is as good as mine.

Aquatic_Adam

5 Year Member
Ok, I will try my best this weekend to get that but I suppose it doesn't hurt for me to try and explain it with more detail before then.

My male tefe has a white growth on his head with a slight redness around it. The white growth sticks out a noticeable amount and the redness seems to also have created a slight elevation on the head. It resembles a large white head pimple located above his right eye. The fish shows no signs of distress, eats vigorously and regularly, and seems to be unaffected by it. It shows little sex drive towards the lone female that I have (probably not just illness related).

Aquatic_Adam

5 Year Member
Here is the best I can get.
IMG_1259[1].JPG
IMG_1258[1].JPG

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Looks like Lymphocystis virus and there is no effective cure since it is a viral infection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….