• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nannacara taenia w/fry

element

5 Year Member
These were fast i just got this pair 2 weeks ago and already a slew of babies!!

4g4ffrb.jpg

JG

5 Year Member
Nice shots.

David,
Are you the owner of AquaNourriPlus? If so, what type of shipping options do you have for shipping to Halifax?

Thanks,

J

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
JG said:
Nice shots.

David,
Are you the owner of AquaNourriPlus? If so, what type of shipping options do you have for shipping to Halifax?

Thanks,

J

Hi,

I'm one of the "owners" ;)
Shipping options to Halifax is either Canada Post, or by bus, which we regularly use to ship to your area, with much success!

David

Greg PL

5 Year Member
yep, love them too :)

mine are as big, perhaps a bit bigger. I first saw them on September 26th. (see http://www.apisto.pl/fa/viewtopic.php?t=3211 for the first photos)
and they are in a comunity tank, feeding primarily on detritus and whatever it is they find on Java moss :)
I also feed them with microworms and frozen cyclops now.
still, there's only around 20 of them now. no losses from the end of wk 1 though.

the female is an outstanding mother. and have chosen the best place in the tank. I only wonder how long she will be taking care for the fry and what will happen if she stops after a month? I assume they would need 2 months to be safe from the other fish and live on their own.

this is actually a big step towards what I would like to call a natural tank :)

M

MHunt

Yeah, that's great they've bred so quickly!

Any tips for breeding apisto's, i have a pair of A. caciatuiods in my community tank, who seem to be friendly from time to time, but no fry yet.

I have bogwood and plant pots as caves so there are plenty of secluded spots if they wanted to spawn.

KtttK

5 Year Member
Congrats on the fry!

I have a pair of Nannacara anomala that are spawning, and I have to say that the female taenia looks almost identical to my anomala. Is it only the males that look different?

Here are a couple of pics of my pair:
DSC03003.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

Greg PL

5 Year Member
retro_gk said:
N. taenia females have a series of fine stripes on the lower half of the body. Easy to tell them apart.
the difference of size (~1/2 of N. anomala lenght) is also a valuable ID hint ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loscide

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….