• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Namibian cichlids

Andre

5 Year Member
Hi Fogelhund.

Maybe you guys can ask permission as we did to reprint the article here as well? It is very interesting and has some nice pictures of Orthochromis machadoi, Tilapia ruweti, Thoracochromis buysi, Tilapia sparmanni and Pseudocrenilarbus philander.

Send me a PM and I can put you into contact with the right people

Rahul, he has had success. Nick will hopefully be replying to the topic

Regards

Andre

R

RCYates

Hi Fogelhund

My apologies, APSA is still a young forum so we're still straightening things out. You should be able to view the article now.

Kind regards,
Ryan.

Randall

5 Year Member
Nick James

Hello Andre,

Thank you for starting up this tread. Nick James writes about the most fascinating cichlids about which very little are known in the hobby.

For those who would like more information concerning the cichlids of southern
Africa, please refer to Nick's "Cichlid News" articles, published in the January, April, and July 2004 issues.

Thank you.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Tilapia ruweti

This discussion and the various articles pointed out here got me interested in Tilapia ruweti. Any clues where to find them in the U.S.? Has any forum member ever worked with ruweti?

Andre

5 Year Member
Hi There

Nick is actually breeding these fish but is not allowed to sell them in South Africa due to legislation. We are not allowed to keep these wonderfull fish.

They are however available for export. I will PM you his contact details so that you can talk to him directly.

Cheers

Andre

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Well, I had a brief conversation with Nick James. He said he can probably get Tilapia ruweti and send them over here. However, last time he shipped two boxes from South Africa to the U.S. he paid $200 for shipping, not including import fees. Hence, getting fish from Nick is an option only if a group of hobbyists (or an importer) decided to place a joint order. (Sounds like Nick would charge only $2-3 per fish.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….