• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Name help please

Arcadianred

5 Year Member
Hi All,

Could anyone help me with a couple of names I have seen on a LFS list today.

A Cagretta (closest guess I have is Caqueta?)
A sp Daniel (haven't got a clue!)
A sp Bluktkeil (presume Blutkehl?)
A sp four stripe white seam (presume Velifera?)
A sp Smaragad (presume geisleri?)

Many thanks for any help

Mark

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Hi Mark,

For what it's worth with these names, I would have come to the same conclusions.

Was this an intended order for the LFS in question, wouldn't mind getting my hands on some Blutkehl.

Andrew

Arcadianred

5 Year Member
I just hate trade names - especially with no photos!

Mike,

I agree and have made educated guesses and will have to wait and see what comes in - Bluktkeil and Cagretta ordered.
Perhaps a system where a letter and a series of numbers is used would enable the fish to be named properly by the suppliers !!!!:)

Thanks

Mark

Microman

5 Year Member
I quite agree Mark.
If all adhered to the "A number" system then things might change but the problem often lies with the collectors and exporters who might not know what fish they are initially dealing with to give it the correct number.
Same situation will apply then...
Mark...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….