• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Ram pictures

Leipo

5 Year Member
Here is a picture which I made yesterday of my Rams:
ram2_feb_2004.jpg

The rest of the serie can be found on my Site.

I just wanted to share these pictures with you all :)

Leipo

5 Year Member
I feed them frozen food (daphnia, mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, etc) and flake food (LFS own brand).

I do not know their origin but I don't think they have wild genes since the wild Rams I have seen on the internet all have less coloration.

cubsfan

5 Year Member
When I see rams at the lfs, they have the orange facial coloration, but do not have any of the brilliant blue coloration that yours are showing. Is this likely to be because of poor quality rams, or simply because they are being kept in less than ideal lfs tanks? Awesome pictures by the way!

fishboy20

5 Year Member
rams like most fish dont show their best color until they are settled in. that is a picture of what they turn into. you are not likely to see one with that color for sale. but it does give you a great idea of what the fish will look like in the future. looks like you doing well with those guys Leipo, keep it up! looks like the female is ready to spawn as well. let us know if you get fry, im sure a bunch of people on the forum would love to have some!

Leipo

5 Year Member
unfortunately I don't get any fry from them since all the eggs are always eaten by my tetra's > I keep them in a community tank.
Also my water is too hard: PH 7.2, KH 8

last time they laid eggs was last 2 weeks ago but these were also eaten :(

these Rams showed amazing colours at the LFS < I've never seen it before and I've never seen these kind of rams again :(

@ yutaka: I've seen Rams here with longer fins than normal but fortunately I've never seen those 'baloon' Rams :evil: they really look horrible to me!

also about coloration: the following pictures are the same Ram but with differents lights above the tank:
ram_male2_display2_large.jpg

&
ram3_feb_2004.jpg

and even under my new lights the coloration depends on the location of the Ram in my tank:
ram1_mar_2004.jpg

crimsonrain

5 Year Member
what water conditon and tankmates are with them? i think mine died from stress...it makes me so sad...yours are awesome, i want to get more, i think im gonna go for keyholes though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….