• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My 86 g blackwater tank

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi Ed, long time no see, i was at Marks the other week and he told me he sent you some Biotoecus?? How are you enjoying them and how have they settled in? My own personal collection is growing very nicely and i have recently aquired some stunning apistos..The P.Subocellatus from you are proving to be very very fertile and im out of room for fry, they are on par with Pulcher for ease of breeding.See you soon my friend

Hi mate,
The Biotoecus are settling in well (I'll post a thread of some piccies) and the A.eremnopyge I got from Mark too are doing great. Think I might be losing the male Bipindi though. He's picked up an infection somehow but he's responding to treatment and not getting worse, just not getting a lot better either at the moment. Glad the Matadi are doing so well, great fish for people to try instead of pulcher IMO.
See you soon.

Kjaer

5 Year Member
The camera is a Konica Minolta Dimage A1.
I also think its panduro. They male is not so pale as the on on the picture you link to and have more black/grey markings? But maybe thats just because of his mood and the fact that i have them in blackwater?

Do you have any suggestions on dwarfs that will work with panduros or nijsenni?

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
The camera is a Konica Minolta Dimage A1.
I also think its panduro. They male is not so pale as the on on the picture you link to and have more black/grey markings? But maybe thats just because of his mood and the fact that i have them in blackwater?

Do you have any suggestions on dwarfs that will work with panduros or nijsenni?

The colouration of all fish will vary depending on the tank and water parameters. A light substrate lightens the fishes colour too.

Are you not going with the Keyholes any more? I'm not sure another type of Apistogramma would be the best choice with the panduro. When I kept nijsseni they were pretty aggressive and other Apistos would need to be able to hold their own. With another type of dwarf they would be less similar and less likely to have as much aggression. The Keyholes or maybe a Laetacara species might be a good choice?

Kjaer

5 Year Member
I´m still thinking of keyholes, but even if they look nice they are not having sooo interesting colours. I have been thinking of laetacara too... Maybe laetacara sp. "orangeflossen" or has it got a sceintific name now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….