• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Maybe a new tank

summerboy1958

While I have been getting my planted 30g ready for an apisto trio, I learned that a buddy of mine is selling his 90 (pretty sure it is 48"x18"24"). The post is shown below. He told me that he would sell to me for $275.

I have no experience on how much a tank this size would cost. Is this a good deal? Do I need to ask any questions?

Also, it looks like there is a filter, but I don't know if it is suitable for either africans or SA dwarfs. If it isn't, does anyone have a ball park on what it would need and the cost? I guess that could be an essay question.....

I'm getting some tax money back and could use some of it for this. I would be buying for a future use, as I am trying to learn the art of cichlids in my 30g

Thanks!!

Bruce

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Gallon-F...854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2386a0de

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The wet-dry filter (offered seperatly at the end of the info) isn't my first choice for a dwarf cichlid tank which normally has live plants in it but it would work. It's also not my first choice for Rift Lake cichlids ("African" cichlids) because it is geared for biological filtration, which is great, but it is weak on mechanical filtration which Rift Lake cichlids could really use.

But $275 for a 90 gallon tank, stand, top, and light fixture (get some new bulbs) is a good price assuming there aren't a lot of scratches in the glass.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
The wet-dry filter (offered seperatly at the end of the info) isn't my first choice for a dwarf cichlid tank which normally has live plants in it but it would work. It's also not my first choice for Rift Lake cichlids ("African" cichlids) because it is geared for biological filtration,
I can't comment on the price (I'm in the UK) or Rift Lake Cichlids (never kept them), but I differ in that I really like wet and dry trickle filters for all tanks, (I only have planted tanks).

Because of their large gas exchange surface they are extremely efficient at biological filtration, and unless you add CO2 they will normally have higher CO2 and O2 levels than other types of filter. Plants are probably the single factor that most improves water quality, but after that it is a trickle filter.

If you have a look at Tom Barr's recent post's you will see that he is a convert to trickle filters.
<http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/130344-sumps-bad-co2-myth-2.html>

cheers Darrel

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….