• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leaving fry with parents

walt

Hello all would like alittle advice my panduros just had second spawn first were eaten I think by parents after 2days. Would it be OK to put fry in a fry holder that floats in tank after a couple of days or is that to soon. Thanks walt

Hellfishguy

5 Year Member
Same with my Panduros. The female allows the male into the cave & just looks on while he snacks on the eggs. Should I remove he male after spawning or use a cave with a smaller entrance? They're a young pair & probably inexperienced, but this has happened 2 consecutive times.
RSCN1834.JPG

Hellfishguy

5 Year Member
Thanks; since the female is used to spawning in the pot I'll block off most of the entrance with a piece of shale. I was very surprised that the female let the male anywhere near the eggs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….