• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

keeping apistos

maria

5 Year Member
hi everybody

new here just wondering what you thought ,have just set up a tank i had hanging around .
its only 10 uk gal do think it would be big enough for a pair of apistos or maybe some other dwarf cichlid .
any help or advice would be great:)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
For a beginner who wants to try dwarf cichlids, I would recommend A. borellii in this size tank. They stay small, adapt to fluctuating temperatures better, and tend to behave better than most as pairs. To top it off they are beautiful fish!

maria

5 Year Member
re apistos

thanks for the advice
i am not a total novice as i have another tank (large community)
and have had a couple of rams in the past .
but i wanted to keep this tank to one species so would like to get the habitat etc correct .
will look that fish up on net
many thanks:biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garavar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….