• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just In!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
South American

CHARACINS

Paracheirodon axelrodi 75% red color Red Cardinal tetra Jumbo $2.00
Hyphessobrycon metae Metae Green Neon med $2.00
Nannostomus unifasciatus $2.00
Poecilocharax weitzmani Black Morpho Tetra md $2.00
Pseudochalceus kyburzi Kyburz’s Red spotted tetra lg $6.00

CICHLIDS

Dicrosus filamentosus sm $8.00
Apistogramma iniridae lg $8.00
Apistogramma viejita $7.00 (pending I.D.)
Apistogramma cf. macmasteri $7.00
Crenicichla regani “Tapajos†Dwarf Pike md/lg $60/pr

West African

CICHLIDS
Pelvicachromis taeniatusâ€Moliwe†$40/pr
Pelvicachromis taeniatusâ€Nyete†$40/pr
Pelvicachromis taeniatusâ€Kienke†$40/pr
Pelvicachromis sacrimontis Rainbow Krib $30/pr
Pelvicachromis roloffi “Kolente†$35/pr
Pelvicachromis signatusâ€Kolente†$50/pr
Pelvicachromis rubrolabiatusâ€Dikiya†$50/pr
Pelvicachromis sp. Bluefin†$45/pr
Benitochromis nigrodorsalis “ Blue Cheek Limbe†NEW FORM! $25 each
Nannochromis sabinae “Red Dimidiatus†$60/pr
Nannochromis parilius Blue Congo Cichlid $25/pr
Nannochromis transvestitus $60/pr
Steatocrannus sp. Red Eye $15 each
Anomalochromis thomasiâ€African Butterfly Cichlid $10 each

Odd Balls

Sicydium sps. African algae-eating Goby $15 each

Tetras, Barbs, etc.

Lepidarchus adonis Adonis Tetra $3 each
Ladegesia roloffi Jelly bean Tetra $3 each

LAMPEYED KILLIES
Procatopus nototaenia “Kribi†$12 each
Aplochelichthys normani—Blue eyed Killie $3 each

nicos apistos

5 Year Member
pelviachromis and inridae

Which pelviachromis out of the ones you have for sale are the most colurful/rare
and how many inridae did you get ina nd how do they look?

-Nathan

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Which pelviachromis out of the ones you have for sale are the most colurful/rare
and how many inridae did you get ina nd how do they look?

-Nathan

Nathan,

The most colorful aspect on Pelvicachromis is a personal choice thing but I think Pelvicachromis taeniatusâ€Moliwe†fits the bill. They are also the easiest of the taeniatus to breed and almost always available in th U.S. hobby (often as tank raised fish). I only have a trio of these for sale yet though. The Pelvicachromis roloffi “Kolenteâ€, Pelvicachromis signatusâ€Kolenteâ€, and Pelvicachromis rubrolabiatusâ€Dikiya†are imported far less often and both the signatus and rubrolabiatus get some impressive color or patterning. One of my favorites that isn't collected very often is Pelvicachromis sp. "Bluefin†(now Enigmatochromis lucanusi). The females get an incredible dark shade of purple when in courtship mode and the ales have aton of occeli in their dorsal at all times.

(See why I try to keep as many different Pelvicachromis as possible? I like them all!)

I have about 25 of the A. inridae. A few didn't make the trip here but the rest are settleing in and doing well now.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The weitzmani are doing very well. Maybe a 10% loss on them but the rest are settleing in nicely and taking fresh bbs.

I'll start contacting everyone that preordered in the next few days to figure out shipping and weather.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
That is good to hear. I am preparing a tank for them with some pencils I have. We may want to take a look at weather though. My area is currently in a deep freeze. The low last night was 20 and it was just 5 degrees the night before!

We also just had a major snowstorm and are expecting more. This is causing delays for just about any shipper you can think of, at least in my area.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I don't like to ship in the face of heavier snow fall (dustings and up to an 1" or so are O.K.) or night temps into the teens or lower. The heat packs can only do so much and cold temps or delays cause more problems then it's worth. I'd rather sit o the fish for a few extra weeks then force the shipping and have people receice fish-cicles.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Pictures of the remaining stock that's for sale soon. Just working on getting a bug run through the house that's hitting everyone. Nasty cold/sore throat...normal for the season and better then the flue!

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Just an update as to the tetras I wanted. We just got another 2 feet of snow, all of the snow and ice collecting on my roof has caused a leak, and some seepage in the basement as well. And.....we are supposed to be getting more snow on Tuesday!

Good news is that I have a good insurance company and all of the repairs are covered.

Not sure when it will be good to ship to me though. None of the prior snow is melting, and the banks on either side of my driveway are now taller than I am LOL! So don't save them for me. If you still have them when things are better, i'll definately take them otherwise i'll grab some on the next shipment.

Rich

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
No problem Rich. It's been either cold or snowy here as well. Often both! I haven't shipped anything out since the beginning of December.

I have about 20 of the little guys yet but I expect I'll move most of them in the next few weeks but let me know when things look better and if I have some they're yours. I'll most likely order them again as well since these did so well.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
12-18" of the white stuff in the forecast for Monday through Wednesday so shipping is out again for this week.

I'll be out in Denver over the weekend speaking at the CAS meeting on Friday (http://www.coloradoaquarium.org/) Hopefully I get to meet a few of you there!

Let's aim for shipping out the following week if the weather looks better.

Jeff

Bill C

5 Year Member
Blood Throats

Jeff
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while your here. Don,t for get the fish. Let me know by email if you want the cryptoheros.

Bill Carlson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….